MN Wheat Weekly Update
MN Crop Progress Report (USDA) September 8th (USDA)
- Harvest 94% Complete – 16 days ahead of last year, 2 day ahead of avg.
- Top Soil Moisture – 3% Very Short, 10% Short, 77% Adequate, & 10% Surplus
- Sub Soil Moisture – 3% Very Short, 11% Short, 77% Adequate, & 9% Surplus
Wheat Harvest 2020 (Erica Oakley, US Wheat Associates)
- The HRW harvest has officially wrapped up as samples continue to be analyzed in the lab. SW harvest is progressing under hot, dry conditions and data continue to reflect low protein, low moisture, and good test weight. HRS harvest is nearly 80% complete and this year’s crop currently grades at U.S. No. 1 Northern Spring. The first northern durum samples are in with data reflecting an improved crop over 2019. The final 2020 SRW crop report is complete and available online at https://bit.ly/HR-200828.
- US Wheat Associates weekly harvest reports. Register here for their weekly updates…good information.
US Wheat Price Report (Claire Hutchins)
- US Wheat Full Supply & Demand Report:
Virtual September Marketing Seminar hosted by Minnesota Association of Wheat Growers and the North Dakota Grain Growers
As times change, so do we! Please join us for this virtual event. Presenters will be together at one location to maximize the delivery of their valuable information. Your registration and participation is requested! Register today!
- Crunching the Numbers – Betsy Jensen, Farm Business Management Instructor, Northland Community & Technical College
- COVID, China and Confusion: 2020/21 Crop Market Outlook – Dr. Frayne Olson, Crops Economist/Marketing Specialist, NDSU
- Ag Policy and Its Influence on Marketing -, Howard Olson, SVP Government & Public Affairs, AgCountry Farm Credit Services
- Profits Through Intensive Marketing – Bret Oelke, Owner, Innovus Agra, LLC
Industry News – MN Farm Bureau Federation Weekly Update Clippings
The last week of the scheduled Shop Talk webinars is Thursday, September 3rd which will be the “State of Minnesota Agriculture” featuring Governor Tim Walz and Minnesota Dept. of Agriculture Commissioner Thom Petersen.
Join via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86367000487
Or join via phone:
Dial in: 312-626-6799
Webinar ID: 863 6700 0487
When you join us, you will not be on audio or on camera but there is still an opportunity to ask questions!
Prompted by the many sources of stress currently impacting farmers and ranchers, the Minnesota Department of Agriculture and the Red River Farm Network have joined forces to create a new radio and podcast series called TransFARMation.