Minnesota Crop News
Daily Digest – June 2, 2021
Early season corn growth and development
With corn emergence complete and rapid vegetative growth about to begin, now is the time to think about early season corn growth and development, the factors affecting it, and how this influences yield.
Small Grains Disease and Pest Report for 06/01/21
This is the first of the biweekly small grains disease and pest reports of the 2021 growing season.
Field Crops IPM Podcast: Small grains and not so small pest problems
In this episode, we discuss the weeds, diseases, and insects that can impact small grains, and what to do about them.
Reminder: The Northern Soil Compaction Conference is coming up
Do you feel like soil compaction is squeezing your yields? Are you wondering what you can do about it? Then this virtual event, June 22-23 from 9am–1pm, is right for you!
Upcoming crops events
- Strategic Farming: Field notes, online, Wednesday mornings April 21 through August.
- June 9: Post-emergence weed control
- Intro to 4-H Crop Scouting Workshop, St. Charles, MN, June 17
- Northern Soil Compaction Conference, online, June 22-23
- 4-H Crop Scouting, Janesville, MN, June 30
- Field School for Ag Professionals, St. Paul,MN, July 20 & 21
- Manure Composting Workshops
- July 21, Carrington, ND
- August 11, Morris, MN