Minnesota Crop News
Daily Digest – June 10, 2021
Gopher Coffee Shop podcast: Small grains
In this installment of the Gopher Coffee Shop podcast, Extension educators Ryan Miller and Brad Carlson sit down with Jochum Wiersma, Extension small grain specialist, and Jared Goplen, Crops educator with a focus on small grains and forages. We spend time talking about small grain production across the state of Minnesota.
Join us June 16 on Field Notes for weather and pest updates
Join us Wednesday, June 16 for Field Notes when we welcome Dr. Dennis Todey, Director of the USDA Midwest Climate Hub, and Bruce Potter, Extension IPM specialist, to discuss weather and pest updates.
Upcoming crops events
- Strategic Farming: Field notes, online, Wednesday mornings April 21 through August.
- June 16: Pest and weather update
- Intro to 4-H Crop Scouting Workshop, St. Charles, MN, June 17
- Summer small grain summer tours, several locations, June 21 – July 28
- SROC Virtual agronomy tour, online, June 22
- Northern Soil Compaction Conference, online, June 22-23
- Advancing Ag webinar: Pest resistance, online, June 23
- 4-H Crop Scouting, Janesville, MN, June 30
- Field School for Ag Professionals, St. Paul,MN, July 20 & 21
- Manure Composting Workshops
- July 21, Carrington, ND
- August 11, Morris, MN
More from Crops Extension
Source: U of MN Ext/ MN Crop News