Minnesota Crop News
Daily Digest – June 4, 2021
The Current Challenges of Weed Control in Small Grains
The uneven emergence of the small grains crop, the delayed emergence of some of the weed species due to the persistent dry conditions, and weather extremes have people asking when the best time is to spray for weeds in wheat and barley.
Join us June 9 for Field Notes discussion on weed management
Join us Wednesday, June 9 for Field Notes when we welcome Drs. Debalin Sarangi, Extension weed management specialist, Tom Peters, Extension sugarbeet agronomist, and Jochum Wiersma, Extension small grains specialist, to discuss postemergence herbicide applications and early season weed control challenges.
Upcoming crops events
- Strategic Farming: Field notes, online, Wednesday mornings April 21 through August.
- June 9: Post-emergence weed control
- Intro to 4-H Crop Scouting Workshop, St. Charles, MN, June 17
- Northern Soil Compaction Conference, online, June 22-23
- 4-H Crop Scouting, Janesville, MN, June 30
- Field School for Ag Professionals, St. Paul,MN, July 20 & 21
- Manure Composting Workshops
- July 21, Carrington, ND
- August 11, Morris, MN
More from Crops Extension