Minnesota Crop News
Daily Digest – July 21, 2022
Small grains disease and pest update
This past week’s hot and humid weather continues to be forecasted for the next five to seven days. Both the National FHB Risk model as well as the NDSU Small Grain Disease Forecasting Model are, and will likely continue, to indicate moderate to high risk for for spring wheat varieties that are rated as very susceptible and susceptible to Fusarium head blight varieties and moderate risk for the spring wheat varieties that are rated as moderately susceptible and moderately resistant across Minnesota and eastern North Dakota.
Upcoming crops events
- Strategic Farming Field Notes
- May 11 through the growing season, Wednesday mornings from 8-8:30 a.m.
- Advanced Nitrogen Smart: A Deep Dive into the 4Rs, July 26, Medford, 1-4 p.m.
- Field Days
- Small Grain Summer Plot Tours, July 22, Strathcona, 1-3 p.m.
- Minnesota Irrigator Program Field Day, July 28, Belgrade, 4-7 p.m.
- Cover Crop Field Day: Setting up for Success, Aug 18, 2022, SWROC, Lamberton, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- SWROC Pest management field day, August, Lamberton
- Crops Field Day, late August, RROC, Rosemount
- 2022 Commercial Animal Waste Technician (CAWT) recertification training, August 4, Morgan, 7 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.